Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182055 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 136 Midnight coffe edition
« Reply #4260 on: January 08, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »

PM
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:11 pm »

((Toam will soon be releasing an official guild charter with a basic set of guild guidelines (relatively standard stuff for the most part) Probably won't be until after the next turn is released))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: January 11, 2016, 09:38:32 pm »

((Toam will soon be releasing an official guild charter with a basic set of guild guidelines (relatively standard stuff for the most part) Probably won't be until after the next turn is released))
((Nothing about my... name suggestions? :P :P :P

I mean, come on, if it's the anti-F.E.C.E.S., we at least also deserve to have a name based on one of the many words related to solid excrement.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:19 am »

((1. We have no idea that FECES exists yet IC.
2. I was hoping to have a slightly more dignified name.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: January 12, 2016, 06:34:14 am »

((All anti-F.E.C.E.S. coalition needs is a simple hygiene spell. Problem solved.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: January 12, 2016, 10:49:11 am »

((That will only make us more powerful!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:58 pm »

((Why make a simple Hygiene spell when we can make a complicated one using blades, Rube-Goldberg machines and other random stuff.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: January 12, 2016, 03:45:41 pm »

TOAM Table OF Publicly Declared Current Members (WIP)
Username                        Character Name                    Affinities                     
star2wars3SkellibornBlades
thegamemaster1234Professor JiksapMachines
H4zardZ1Dest EternaElectricity
XXXXYYYYThe GamblerLuck, Glass
_Shinju_NihilumAbsence
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:56:54 pm by star2wars3 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: January 12, 2016, 05:17:41 pm »

((I will join as well.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: January 12, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »

((Editing List. Welcome to TOAM))

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: January 12, 2016, 05:51:44 pm »

((All anti-F.E.C.E.S. coalition needs is a simple hygiene spell. Problem solved.))
((A simple hygiene... SPELL? Ahahahahahaaaa...

Field Lords Of Strengthening Sanctity... F.L.O.S.S.
Sojourners Of Arcane Providence... S.O.A.P.
Super Haxorz Against Malice in Protected Open Ovals (or something)... S.H.A.M.P.O.O.
Battle Archmages Throughout Humanity... B.A.T.H.

:P :P :P))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: January 12, 2016, 07:49:48 pm »

((Hygiene? How about F.O.A.M., or "Friends of All Magic"?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: January 12, 2016, 08:30:37 pm »

((A simple hygiene... SPELL? Ahahahahahaaaa...

Field Lords Of Strengthening Sanctity... F.L.O.S.S.
Sojourners Of Arcane Providence... S.O.A.P.
Super Haxorz Against Malice in Protected Open Ovals (or something)... S.H.A.M.P.O.O.
Battle Archmages Throughout Humanity... B.A.T.H.

:P :P :P))

((The one I liked best was SOAP. Until I realized that in 2 AP classes I take SOAP is part of an acronym used for analyzing documents. Needless to say, SOAP is out for now. ))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: January 13, 2016, 06:37:23 am »

TOAM Table OF Publicly Declared Current Members (WIP)
Username                        Character Name                    Affinities                     
star2wars3SkellibornBlades
thegamemaster1234Professor JiksapMachines
H4zardZ1Dest EternaElectricity
XXXXYYYYThe GamblerLuck, Glass

((May I join))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: January 13, 2016, 09:18:39 am »

Turn 137

Shias digs his hands into ground, connecting with plants, to see what they see. To see the ground, tunnels, holes, life that resides underground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shias reached out to the roots beneath the earth, the vast web that fed the plants above. However, the roots were almost as old as earth above them, and magic within them was rigid and difficult to move. Shias' spell managed to reach out for a few meters, before receding, and found nothing unusual.

Oops, looked at the wrong map. Catch up.

Gambler left the device behind, and rushed off towards the eldritch fields. James was waiting there, and Skeliborn was not too far away. The shards proved to be intriguing, but ultimately, not that important. There was no point in further delaying the venture towards the center of this trouble.

test the golems improved assimilation on my throne

Golem set itself upon the throne again, grinding away a sizable chunk this time, and as it moved away from the throne and coalesced back into vaguely humanoid form, it no longer looked lanky. It was now slightly larger than average human, and probably weighted over a ton. The extra mass would mean a loss of fine control, but there was certain efficiency about being able to kill with a single punch.

Kahel smiled to himself - first victory was undoubtably not the last. And he remained largely unscathed by the fight. Perfect.

"Seems like you're still in shape, Xazoliomuhr. Surely, you wouldn't mind this wizard soul?"

Give the demon 11 shards to see how he uses them. Create four essences OR attack a minor mage in direct line of sight. Frozen blood, ice demon and swordsmanship.
{You did not specify in any way which of the two choices should be used. Gonna use 4 essences, as I do not know which mages count as 'minor'.}

Xazoliomuhr opened its maw far wider than one would think it should be capable and eleven soul shards disappeared among entirely too many teeth. Forward facing spikes of ice emerged from the top of ice demon's massive fists, and he raised one hand experimentally. Icicle shot forward, and flew all the way to the middle of the lake where it embedded several inches in the mound of flesh. Another spike of ice grew from where first one was just fired in a few seconds, and the demon grinned.
{Ranged attack gained.}
{Sharpshooter(+1 to aiming DEX rolls) trait gained.}

"Excellent. Alright then... seeing as I don't have a name for you, I'm going to call you Beast. I think that suits you. Now let's get along."

Old King Coal leaves the buried temple with his newly acquired loots. Once he gets to the pit, he climbs out of it using his climbing claws and hopes Beast can follow. If he(Old King Coal) succeeds with that, he makes 3 bone essences.

((No, I'm not going to tell you what I did last turn.))

Old King Coal and his new minion traced back to the collapsed temple through which Old King originally entered. Beast did not seem too bothered by light, which was good news as far as King was concerned. Many creatures that dug tunnels like Beast were averse to sunlight. The duo began climbing upwards, but while King managed to get to the entrance without too much trouble, Beast was having a hard time getting more than few feet up. As it turns out, claws that are good at digging are not necessarily as good at climbing. But as King was wondering what to do, Beast seemed to have decided on something, as it crushed a hole in the wall and disappeared in it. Mere minute later, ground nearby Old King burst upwards, as Beast emerged from a freshly dug tunnel.

((Well, it was worth a try.))
Continue moving northwest. Stop when I enter the forest. Make 3 essences.

Cuberac marched past two wizards by the bloody lake without a thought, he was feeling extra fine having dodged the bird cloud that was busy trying to swarm some other unlucky sod and it felt in his step. Cuberac walked all the way to the forest line before he remembered that he was supposed to meet up with someone.

Create arrows that impart a curse. All essences.

oh yeah and +2 essences for the essence god

Gloomy, unsatisfied with just the dagger, reached towards his curse again, this time, calling forth a set of seven arrows, each with a curse of frost, chilling and slowing any injured by them. Now only to find something that could actually shoot them.

Create a hellfire shield around me with all essences and then book it to the fancy castle I saw when I first arrived, the Tower
2 more essences
Birds will now attack the wizard,but some keep the demon on the ground

Blake dodged and weaved and rolled as cloud of birds focused their efforts on him. Blake knew it was too late to save the demon, and that his best chance was escaping to the Tower. Blake continued dodging the birds until he found himself with a moment to breathe as birds scattered to attack all at once. Moment was all Blake needed, as he conjured a shell of hellfire around himself and bent his legs to start running. Blake barely managed to cover his eyes as shield cracked and leaked out. Fireball exploded outwards, destroying feathers and searing flesh. Few birds, all of them parrots, managed to escape, but Blake was not unscathed either. His body was covered in many burns, enough so that any exertion would be cripplingly painful. But Blake knew he had to move, that this was his only chance, so he suppressed the pain and sprinted towards the Tower.
{Seared - Each STR, DEX, and SPD roll triggers a END roll. On failure (2 or 1), action is aborted/failed as pain overwhelms you}

Create a gold crown with gem sockets.

Eterna forced some of his power through the throne, and called forth a crown of gold. Yet as he focused of integrity of the spell, he failed to entwine enough power, and instead of majestic crown before him appeared a simplistic circlet, with only a single empty gem socket.

Search the wreckage for anything useful. Maybe an emergency scuba suit?

Two essences.

Jiksap carefully looked over what remained of the craft, but all he found could neatly be split into two categories; solid metal and completely ruined. The only remaining question was if there was enough solid metal parts in this for this scrap to qualify as a heap or if it was just a pile.

Skelliborn

Action:
3 essence routine while catching up to the rest of the expedition.

Skeliborn thought about his tasks, specifically the one that laid beyond the island. There probably were ways there, but where? Skeliborn thought about it and smiled. The eldritch field had a source that was connected to many places. It might just be useful. With that, Skeliborn joined Gambler and James waiting at the edge of the field.

"What's taking them so long?"
James summons 3 completely random items.

James reached into the aether and tugged onto it with no clear desire in mind. The portal twitched, and from it spilled forth a great number of acorns. Among the huge pile of acorns James noticed a craft book and a bone saw. As James wondered if there was any deeper meaning to what the portal spat out, Gambler and Skeliborn arrived and stopped next to him, just before the flesh tongues. It was about damn time.

Enchant my shoes so that they tell me where/how best to step for the purposes of travel. Use one +1+1 knowledge essence, plus the magic aura, of course.

Make four knowledge essences afterwards. Should one collapse, remember I have both the lucky ring and fortress aura working in my favor.

Viznor was not feeling particularly rushed. The Tower would deter all but most determined of assailants, and anyone willing to brave tower defenses would cause enough noise for Viznor to notice. Viznor knew that this would not last. He would need to leave eventually, as magic which protected him also protected others. But he was not going to leave unprepared. Viznor put on his shoes he had just finished enchanting, and tried them out. There seemed to be an extra spring in his step, as Viznor marched around.

Craft three essences. Then begin to meditate and try to find out how I can help Jiksap in retrieving the meteorite.

Bob looked at Jiksap digging through a pile of what was most definitely scrap and thought about his own ability to recover whatever was underwater. He could summon some amphibian creature and order it to recover underwater treasure. If he knew how it looked. And if there was nothing too dangerous beneath the water. And the meat did not prove too distracting. Yeah, it was doable.

From the portal entered Henry the Best, not to be confused with Henry the Beast or Henry the VIIIth. A master of force of mind, capable mage of kinetic school and author of bestselling book of Duels using kinetic magic. Carefully, he tried out his magic at minimal strength, and though it confirmed that all was same here as it was before he entered the portal, the enchantment withered away moments after appearing.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:20:29 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 506